Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chai Cupcakes and Broad Ripple Brew Pub

Merry late Chenmas to everyone! I hope you all got what you wanted and more. Christmas time always seems to be a very jolly time, but always really stressful too. So that is also partly the reason why I haven't written about things that have happened too recently. I did want to talk about some wonderful baking adventures that I went on with Abby a little while back. Taking out the old Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and whipping up some Chai Raspberry Cupcakes were most delectable. 





Since Absola is always on the go, it's sometimes hard for her to actually have enough time to come over and make some vegan goodies. We were able to decide on a good time and we thought it'd be appropriate to turn one of our favorite drinks from Starbucks into a cupcake. Chai and raspberry might not sound too good, but trust us, it is amazing. Brandon is usually the judge of what is good or not, and he successfully ate about half the batch in one sitting. So proud. 


Abs has all of the good frosting decorating tips so the baby cakes turned out very nice. All swirley twirley and beautiful. Good enough to wear as a dress, if I do say so myself.
With bellies full of sugar it was only appropriate that we then met our friends down at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub.  Abs wasn't able to go so I made sure to order some extras and eat it in memory of her absence. 




The BRBP has a lot of nice vegan options. My friend Anna and I split some vegan's Shepard Pie and hearty veg friendly Sloppy Joe. The sloppy little sandwich was a vegan’s delight. Pair it with some nice fried little beets and carrot chips and a girl is going to be a happy girl for the rest of the evening. There was also a "Susie's Beer" on the menu that sparked some attention, so Justin and Brandon thought that would be fitting to order some of those. Since I am not a big beer fan, I passed and nursed on the lemon water. Jealous, right? I know, I live life to the fullest. 

So if you're in Indy and you are looking for some good vegan options, head over to the Brew Pub, but maybe not on a Friday or Saturday night, cause you could be with the not-so-cool crowd and you might be sitting next to the Abercrombie wearing, backward hat-tool that would shout random crude comments about a lame-o game or something, and that would be a total buzz kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment