Friday, March 9, 2012

Vegan Coconut Macaroons...with a dash of pink!

“Jem...Jem is excitement! Oouu Jem...Jem is adventure!Ooouu...Glamour and glitter,Fashion and fame!” oh the fashion…how I just loved to go into my sisters coveted collection of pristine plastic figurines and replace Kimber’s shoes with Aja’s. Those were the glory days of fashion, and still to this day I wish that I could have Kimber’s pink flamed hair. Since I can’t (boo job dress codes) I am forced to just buy, eat, and take pictures of all things pink.

This somehow led me to making macaroons. Not sure how, but it’s not about the destination...it’s about the journey.

I have never made these before, but the mate likes coconut, so figured I would give it a try. For these easy vegan coconut macaroons,


Ingredients:




 Gather two cups sweetened shredded coconut

 One cup reduced-fat coconut milk ( I used vanilla almond milk, to try to cut down on the fat, but I’m sure the coconut milk would have been heavenly)

 two tablespoons agave nectar

 two tablespoons all-purpose flour

 one teaspoon vanilla extract

 1/4 teaspoon salt


 

Directions:




 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

 coat a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray

 Whisk together the coconut milk, agave nectar and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat

 Add the flour and whisk thoroughly

 Heat the mixture to a full boil, and continue to boil for about two minutes or until it has thickened.

 Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, coconut, and maybe a few drops of red food coloring for some pretty in pink delights!

 Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet

 bake the macaroons for 16 minutes, or until golden brown




These were so delish, we could have devoured them all in one sitting, but also knowing that coconut can give you the runs if you eat a mass amount also kinda scared us into portion control. Pleasant ey?



No comments:

Post a Comment