Monday, June 28, 2010

Rainy Days= Perfect Coffee & Donuts Day

As much as I love cupcakes, I must say that I do enjoy eating doughnuts better. Dipping them in coffee, having some soy milk with em, especially the gorgeous little pink ones with sprinkles on top.

So on grey, rainy days, I like to look at things about Seattle, and then I am always taken back to the trip I made with my awesome husband to the west coast a few years back. On our mission to seek out vegan places, we headed over to Mighty-O's, a little cafe that is in an old historic building in Wallingford.



(from Mighty-O.com)

They mix hundreds of pounds of ingredients at a time, all organic. Also all of their glazes and frostings are made by hand and with love in the back of their shop. There are no preservatives or added yuckiness to the recipes. No animal products, no artificial colors or flavors, and therefor no cholesterol! (mine has gone down over50 points since incorporating a more veg friendly diet into my life!)


These sweet round pastries with centers missing come in all the basic flavors of course, but then they add in the funness, ranging from French Toast (which is what I ordered) to Cuckoo for Coconuts, Chocolate Raspberry, Grasshopper, Pumpkin, Cocoloco and even a Strawberry Shortcake.


You won't be coughing on any dryness here, each one is moist and tastes like it just came out of the fryer, which it most likely did. Organic coffee with Stevia and agave are the sweeteners and some almond or soy milk also don't hurt to help "wash" these puppies down.

I'm ordering my plane ticket now.

1 comment:

  1. I am at a complete loss for words. My mouth won't stop watering. I was doing so good on my mission to give up donuts and then you go and post this. Not Helpful.

    ReplyDelete