Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wine and Canvas

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see." ~John Burroughs

There just never seems to be enough time in the day! In one week we are going to be heading back westward and so I have been trying to squeeze in all the breakfasts, brunches, lunches, dinners, and linners I can!


Ch'en on the other hand has been reminding me not to stress and just smile!

Last weekend, the Luxe ladies and I went over to the Wine and Canvas, and had ourselves a little heyday! It's always important not to take oneself too seriously, and this is certainly the place to leave your ego at the door!



The place held about 40+ people in this little space, each with his or her own canvas and various paint brushes and paints. There was a bar at the front so you can have your choice of liquid courage, or a nice diet coke and get yourself seated and ready for some painting.


The girls needed to visit the front a bit to help them along their creative process. It was so much fun to just sit and chat with fellow "painters" there. There were dates going on, bachelorette parties being had, and just girls night out. I even saw a group from the humane society there!


The class was about three hours long and was taught by an instructor that would walk us all through the painting. Everyone was painting the same scene, but it was fun to see how everyone interpreted the piece differently. There was one lady across from us that did the whole canvas with her fingers. It was like an angry sea scene.



Perfect way to send out my love for the Luxe ladies before heading to Los Angeles again. I am going to miss those girls like crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment