Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It has been a little bit hard to get into the holiday spirit, when the weather is that of an ideal vacation in a distant summer land. There are still twinkling lights, and garlands strands hanging down every side door, it all just seems to tried.


There is still the holiday spirit that Ch'en can not shake. New love, listening to the recently release She & Him holiday cd. Whenever I hear Zooey's voice, I am always reminded of a mothers voice. That kind of soft, soothing sound that I would picture a fifties housewife singing to her kids to go to sleep.


We need to be friends.

Walking around our new "winter" wonderland we strolled on down to The Grove. There was a little launch of Katy Perry's new perfume, "Meow". I have never been a huge perfume fan, unless it is Stella or Ambre...or of course Miss Dior...but any hoo...Britney, Katy, Paris, they seem to all have that sweet smell of, I had to make a perfume to make more money and have more marketing and because my PR person told me to, kind of smell. Don't get me wrong, I love Ms. Perry, but I could definitely tell that she was exhausted and her ideal afternoon was not to be at The Grove with a mob of people that just wanted a piece of her. Like me.



Can I please have her dress??



She came to the stage on the trolley that goes around. Quite fitting.



All this photo taking made us require some stomach filling treats. Being able to walk from the baby pink encrusted sound stage to an all vegetarian restaurant was just the cherry on top. Speaking of cherries on top, right in the middle of the mall there was Santa's workshop. Decked out in delectable sugar plums and giant ice cream cones with swirling cherries on top! SWIRLING CHERRIES! Of course, a still photo does not capture all its glory, but still.


After a sweet photo op at the happy hut, we got to enjoy that which is The Veggie Grill.
Every thing is hippie friendly?! No thinking required, or special annoying ordering needed!



Por moi?

Bali Bliss . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Indonesian styled tempeh, sautéed and grilled, lettuce, tomato, red onion, chipotle ranch. Blackened upon request. Add some avocado or portobello mushroom and a side of red cabbage slaw.



Mr. Brando embraced the The V-Burger, Marinated and grilled veggie-steak burger (really it is just a boca burger..boo.), pickles, lettuce, tomato, red onion, chipotle ranch.



They had a slew of teas and fresh strawberry or regular lemonade. However, there was an alluring glass bottle of ginger ale. I absolutely love ginger ale, and I am not talking that high fructose corn syrup crap that you can buy at Walmart. I am talking the just shredded, mixed with carbonated water and a dash of sucre, ginger ale. Je suis dans l'amour!


Now time for some American Horror Story and a glass of French wine. Joyeuses fêtes !

No comments:

Post a Comment