Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Fanpire

Last summer my friend Nyla told me about this amazing book that she could not put down. The cover looked intriguing, however, I always saw it in the 'Teen' section at the bookstore. A teeny-bopper book? As if! Why would I waste my time reading something meant for a 13 year old? Well, a year later, another friend told me that I truly MUST read this book. She lent over her prized Twilight book so that I might understand too this phenomenon. Twenty minutes in and I was hooked. I have fully resorted back to my preteen years of being infatuated with the hottie on Tiger Beat .

So what is going on with the female population in America? Does it not matter how old you are? you are still going find the fantasy of an extremely attractive vampire somehow in love with you to be appealing? Sounds good to me. Plus, it just gives more people creative freedom when it comes to decorating the next scrumptious vamp inspired cupcake or cute jewelry that also incorporates a cupcake. Take abilities on Etsy, she created this cute little charm from a scrabble piece. Loving it.



For a less vegany treat to admire, I Heart Cuppycakes created a very nice edible rendition of the Twilight cover. While Annie's Eats whips up a fang-tastic (yeah, I know that was bad) bitten baby cake. Annie said she created these with pure white cake (pale like a vampire, obviously), blood red (cherry) filling, and white chocolate cream cheese frosting -

Mmmm....bite me.


Twilight Cupcakes

Yield: 14 cupcakes

Ingredients:
For the cake:
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk

For the filling:
1 can cherry pie filling

For the frosting:
7 oz. pure white chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces


For the rest of the recipe check out Annie's page at : http://annies-eats.com/2009/01/15/twilight-cupcakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment