Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beverly Hills in the Morning

"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun." Fun indeed. I may not be a "man", but I do greatly enjoy wearing stretchy pants in my room. It is fun. Another thing that is fun? Going down to Beverly Hills early in the morning and sitting outside of M Cafe de Chaya, eating amazing raw vegan salads with some organic coffee, sweetened with maple crystals and soy. Could that have been more of a picturesque moment? Minus the blister that arrived shortly after walking around in my new heels. As mush as I would like to be, I am not a huge girlie girl that can wear heels all day, everyday. I wish I did though!
Ok, so back to M Cafe. I was there for a job interview and it turned into a small smorgasbord of amazing little treats. The manager was so sweet, and brought me a delicious little cup of coffee and a plate of their daily salads. I didn't want to come off too weird and obsessive, hence only one small photo of the coffee that I tried to take all nonchalantly on my iPhone.

The first dish was a quinoa and beet salad. A perfect shade of purpley red with little bits of semi-pickled beets diced up in the cold quinoa. The next serving consisted of capers, olive oil, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, green & red peppers, and onions. Toss in a bit of salt and pepper and we have ourselves another tasty healthy treat winner. I could already feel the raw food energies going through me! The cabbage salad was then accompanied by a navy bean, corn, and edamame dish that was semi-sweetened. Yumminess all around. I would come here ever day of the week if one dish wasn't a minimum of $10.

Okay, enough of the healthy crap. I needed some good ol' eye candy and since cupcakes delight both the eyes and the soul, Beverly Hills had 2 options just around the corner. Crumbs Bakery and Sprinkles Cupcakes. I have already been to Sprinkles (due to my obsession with Bridget from the Girls Next Door) so I thought I should check out Crumbs. Wait..did I just die? Am I in some kind of cupcake heaven here? Oh yes, I think so. This little shop was so cute! There was a young guy sweeping the front and was quite amused by my excitement to take photos of these little Louvre worthy pieces. I chose to get the Cotton Candy since it was the most outrageously colored one in the case and the Boston Creme ( I still want to live in Boston). After shelling out eight bucks for these "perfectly formed, lovely to look at, delicious to eat" treats I wanted to frame and keep them in a case forever, rather than eat them. When I picked up the Boston Creme Pie, it weighed about 5lbs. No joke. I have never picked up a cupcake that weighed as much as a small child. I knew it would take a couple of days for us to finish these bad boys and I was right. They are still semi-intact in their special case in the fridge. I just like to open up that door and smile in at them.

After I got home I was looking at the photos and I realized that there was an "Elvis" cupcake! How could I not get that?! How did I not see that?! I must have been blindsided by the overwhelming glory of the cakes. I looked up to see what could make a cupcake "Elvis" worthy, and I am going back to Crumbs tomorrow. "Crumbs used a rich swirl of--oh my God--pan fried peanut butter in today's special treat. Mixed in with peanut butter and banana frosting atop a banana flavored yellow cake filled with banana cream..." I am salivating on the keyboard now. I should go before it short circuits...




No comments:

Post a Comment