Saturday, August 27, 2011

Green Goodness

Goooooddd Morning!! Having days off I either feel completely unproductive and windup watching six hours of Millionaire Matchmaker or actually get stuff done. Yesterday, luckily, was one of those days.

The husband has been working a TON and so I am usually left to hang with a Ch'en and Jazz. It was gorgeous out so that always helps. Ch'en and I played with taking some photos, marked on a lot of trees, and drank our spinach and blueberry smoothie.


After a failed attempt to get myself back over to the Human Society, I decided I would just make zucchini muffins for the girls at work for Saturday.



About a month ago I was out walking fur babies at the shelter and it was a 100 degree day and I just got way too over heated. I thought I would be able to drive myself home, but a cross between the heat and a panic attack, I just ended up pulling over and the fire department took me to the hospital. NOT how I wanted to spend my day off. After learning about hypokalemia (metabolic disorder that occurs when the level of potassium in the blood drops too low) dehydration, panic disorders, and anemia, I decided that I needed to step up my game in the healthier eating. I feel like I eat pretty healthy, but I knew I could do better, hence all the smoothie madness!

For a good morning smoothie:
  • 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 c. frozen mango
  • 1 banana
  • 1 c. raw spinach
  • 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (gotta get in that fiber!)
Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment